Friday, April 26, 2013

When I Walk, Let Me Walk Close to Thee...

As I stare at the wooden cane resting atop the quilt on my bed, I consider how funny it is that the post that comes to spirit this morning is one about your walk with Jesus. For my purposes, this cane is an aide in my time of need with torn muscles about my knee. It feels a bit preposterous, a vital, lifelong athletic gal such as myself relying on an instrument of the elderly merely to get about. However, I know that if I allow my arrogance to rule me, I'll hobble along without the cane and inevitably, the rips in my muscle will worsen. My ambulatory prowess will weaken and my recovery time will be prolonged.  

That's a bit like one's walk with the Lord, don't you think? When we get it in our heads that we walk, heck, run just fine without Him it doesn't take long before we're resoundingly reminded that we can't get around on our own. We need Him. He is not a crutch, solely relied upon only when the chips are down. He is a constant and we are stronger through Him and our acknowledgement of all that He does in our lives. 

Your walk with the Lord is a beautiful story. One that should be shared with the world. When did you come to Him? How has your walk evolved over the years? As it deepens and flourishes it's important to remember that in our times of great strength as in our times of pitiful weakness- we must honor His part in our walk. 


1 Peter 1:6-7~ In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith- of greater worth than gold, which persists even though refined by fire- may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment